November 28, 2015
This has been the year of the tank atomizer. We've seen huge and mini versions, top fill, side fill, and bottom fill, and even tanks that support temperature control coils. There's all sorts of airflow options and types of coils available. I've found most are excellent, some leak, and there really is no need for using temperature control coils in these, because you're probably not going to let the tank go dry and burn your cotton. But, if that's your thing, go for it!
It's a tough call, but here are the five I love, and why:
1. Horizon Arctic Turbo - We recently got this in, and right out of the box, this was the easiest to set up, fill, and vape. Plus, the cloud production and flavor, in sextuplet coil mode, I've found to be as good as most drippers and superior to the rest of the tanks I've tried. There's little need for a fan in atomizers unless you're in a cloud competition. Still, this one rocks, and the value is unbeatable.
2. SMOK TFV4 - This was one of the originals to begin the tank craze this year. I love the top-fill design, and with close to a dozen different types of coils (including rebuildable), it's hard to beat this tank. I haven't tried the Mini version, but I hear it's similar performance (takes the same coils), and just a smaller tank. Depending on your use, the large tank will come in handy, and keep you from needing to refill constantly. I always have this one juiced up and ready to go. The Clapton coil seems to give me the best experience.
3. OBS Crius - This came out recently, and when all the rave reviews came out, I suspected OBS may have nudged the reviewers into giving it accolades. Yet, when I tried the tank, I have to admit it shines. I love the two post design (a la our Cumulus Maximus) and it's cool that it comes in three colors. The side fill is pretty simple and convenient, but it can get sloppy. You need to remember to open and close the juice holes, which will cause you a dry hit if you forget. I tried Clapton coils in it, and they did not wick quickly enough to perform well. Straight kanthal is all you need here--nothing fancy. Very high quality construction, and the clouds and flavor are optimal.
4. Freemax Starre Pro - Another top-fill tank here, and this one I've found to be the best performer in Temperature Control mode. The coils Freemax provides are excellent. Make sure you prime them well before using. Also, be careful with that top section. Turn it to "off" before you vape, or you'll have a river of juice running down your mod. The price point on this makes it hard to turn away from and even the coils are reasonably priced, and seem to last quite long. The design of this tank is sweet, and I love the black version to match black mods. They just released v2, which we'll put to the test in December.
5. ZPAL Coral - If you're looking to limit your spend, but still want a cloud chucking beast, this is your guy. They've just released an 80-200 watt coil as well, which I have tested and am impressed by how well it performs over 100 watts. There have been a few leaking issues (mostly due to operator error), so make sure your o-rings are properly seated and everything is tightened down. All three ZPAL tanks perform very well for tanks under $25. I'm expecting a lot from these guys, and initial response from customers has been positive. Definitely worth trying them out.
Well, that's my take on it. If you like building coils, opt for the Crius. If you're lazy like me, but still want lots of clouds and flavor, go for the Arctic Turbo or TFV4. I'm sure many more of these tanks will be coming out the in coming months. We'll keep trying them, and stocking the new ones.
Please feel free to comment, or send me an email if there's a tank you feel passionate about.
Happy Holidays All!
November 30, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 15, 2019
The better question would be, "Can you kill yourself with vape juice?" Well, sure. You can kill yourself with a soup spoon, too. If you do not use things the way they are intended to be used, yes, you can injure or kill yourself. This also applies to vape juice. If you drink an entire 100ml bottle of high-nicotine vape juice and are able to keep it down, you'll definitely become sick and you may die. Why would anyone do that?
These products can expose you to chemicals including acetaldehyde and/or formaldehyde, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and nicotine, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
This website contains adult material and is only suitable for adults. Purchase here only if it is legal to buy these products in your city, state, and country. These products are NOT components of tobacco products and are NOT intended to be used in the consumption of tobacco products. All vegetable glycerin (VG) / propylene glycol (PG) ratios given are approximate. High VG and Max VG e-liquids are designed for dripping atomizers, and will not perform well in many vape tanks. Nic Salts liquids are designed to be used in refillable vape pod systems only. Bottles, packaging, and labels change frequently. The item you receive, while authentic, may not be the exact same as pictured. Manufacturers are required to provide proof of PMTA filing with the FDA. If an item shows "unavailable," it means we have not received proof of filing.